We think you're going to love everything about OR Excellence: from the people and the program, to the speakers and the sessions, to the venue and the vibe. Here are 5 things to look forward to.
1. We make learning fun. Our speakers don't read from their PowerPoint slides. They talk to you. And you can talk back to them by answering questions during every session with the audience-response device each attendee receives. Plus, you can test your surgical smarts (and win a cool prize) with our popular Tournament of Champions game-show-themed contest.
2. Sessions that matter. As you'll see in the pages that follow, we've booked one great speaker after another. And we've planned the sessions based on feedback from you so that you can use what you'll learn to help you overcome your greatest challenges and make the most of your opportunities. This year, we've added 3 concurrent morning workshops on price transparency, total joints and central sterile to give you even more educational value.
3. We're taking over the resort. Of course, OR Excellence is primarily about learning and networking, but it's nice to know that when the day's learning is over, you'll have any number of ways to relax and blow off steam at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa, a wonderful, intimate hotel with terrific onsite dining, its own private island, beautiful pools and outdoor activities, a top notch spa and much more. We have reserved virtually all the meeting space and expect to sell out all the guest rooms, so it'll be a good bet that everyone you bump into on the property is part of the ORX family. No other surgical meeting provides this level of intimacy, friendliness and networking power. You'll leave ORX with great contacts and wonderful memories. And by the way, average temperatures in mid-October are in the 70s (at night) and 80s (during the day). It doesn't get much better than that.
4. We make the exhibit hall fun. We make the 5 hours of exhibit-hall time fun by mixing 2 of our favorite activities: shopping and happy hour. On opening night, come shop the latest patient warming systems, orthopedic instruments, patient safety gadgets and other OR solutions while sipping on a glass of wine poured for you by the vendors themselves. And after Thursday's sessions, come have some fun trying out vendors' specialty tropical cocktails during our Margarita Madness event. Both complimentary events are great ways for you to chat and socialize with your vendor-partners.
5. You'll meet people just like you. ORX is the ideal conference for meeting surgical leaders who share your passion, goals and, yes, problems that need solving. We attract facility leaders from some of the nation's biggest and busiest hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers. You'll rub elbows with dozens of leaders who run facilities that are in the nation's top 10% of surgical volume. Take the opportunity to connect with them and other top administrators who'll become invaluable members of your professional network.
"The meeting atmosphere is comfortable and friendly, making it impossible not to meet new people," says Cheryl Ezerskis, MLT, CPA, CASC, executive director of the West Parkway ASC in Pompton Plains, N.J. "Every year our group of friends is growing larger and larger, which gives us a solid network of top leaders from around the country to share information and ideas with throughout the year."
"The networking at OR Excellence is wonderful," adds Terri Foster, BSN, RN, CNOR, surgical services educator at Henry Ford Allegiance Health in Jackson, Mich. "There's plenty of time to meet up with not only other nurses and administrators, but also the presenters. I returned home from last year's conference with the contact information of a couple attendees and have been in touch with them since the meeting." OSM